Sunday, August 28, 2016

Pathetic Single

Life of a pathetic single: Wakes up, coffee, gym, eats a lot, feels guilty, gym again.

So the line above was posted by my acquaintance in his Facebook.

I've been single for almost a year and many other years in between, what is the other word that worse than pathetic? Miserable.

I feel pathetic that he chose the word "pathetic" to denote single life. 

Maybe he is a miserable. But if you ask me what is that one word could represent singlehood, I would say "solitude". 

This solitude of mine has been giving me so much freedom. This freedom has always been empowering to be stronger even there's no one next to me. This freedom has been giving the trill of my lifetime since I could do whatever I want. There's no other enjoyment in life by doing things you like without anyone's permission.

I know the moment of eating alone could be pathetic but you have all the time in the world to enjoy your food. And best of all, you don't have to accommodate other people's preference on food. 

I really don't understand this acquittance of mine and other gay guys in general-why they felt guilty after eating? Oh yeah, there is no market value for fat people on this gay community.

Let's see this in much broader view. Being fat is not wrong. What goes wrong here is the society. The society is just plain sick to put negative connotation at fat people.

If you are reserving in what you're eating for the fear of being fat then you are giving in for that sickening society. Don't let the society dictates what you eat, let your craving dictates what you eat instead.

But every now and then, I do miss those good morning and good night messages. Oh well, I already have those daily messages from my friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment