Sunday, August 11, 2013

The Mural Paintings of Ipoh

Whenever my friends asked me what to do in Ipoh, my spontaneous answer would be definitely "nothing much - just eat. Or you can have some fun at Sunway Lost World of Tambun".

I think it's about time to change my usual answer from now on as Ipoh has been bustling lately. Look, my used-to-be sleepy hometown has transformed itself much lately , in terms of tourist attractions - look, Ipoh has been listed as one of the Top 10 Travel Cities in Asia by Agoda.com, sharing the title among the cities in South Korea and Japan. And recently, Tambun Inn of Ipoh has been listed as one of the top 10 most haunted hotels in Asia - well, though it is bit infamous title but it does attract those ghost hunters.

Plan B @ Ipoh

Eatery outlets are growing like mushrooms in ipoh and we even have Plan B in oldtown! Maybe it's still new, the service is rather poor coz i need to wait 15 minutes for my bill but the ambiance wise, top notch indeed - it's rather posh per se but at reasonable price.

Anyway, Ipoh has a lot to offer beside food, Lost World, temples, shopping (yes, Ipoh has Charles and Keith and Pedro and excitement on the extension of Ipoh Parade) Michelle Yeoh and me...Well, not me coz I'm living in PJ.

Anyway, Penang has its famous mural paintings by Ernest Zacharevic, Ipoh also has its own mural paintings by Eric Lai from Artgene Studio. I been to the murals in Penang, honestly, Penang's ones are more catchier and cuter as  Zacharevic complemented his paintings with 3D effects like motorcycle, bicycle and etc but hey, Lai's paintings are not bad when it comes to Malaysia culture as he highlighted the wonderful scenes of life in the bygone eras.

Where to find it? It is located at between Jalan Sultan Iskandar (Hugh Low Street) and Jalan Masjid.
















You can check out the little pets nearby after the visit...this cat is so cute!



No comments:

Post a Comment